The Bureau of Land Management is offering a $1,000 award for tips leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons cutting and leaving trees on BLM and private lands in Lane and Douglas counties. The timber has been cut southeast of Cottage Grove near London Road, according to the BLM. “Over 21 locations within a large area have been located where trees have been cut and left, usually blocking roadways” BLM Special Agent Chip Mican said in a statement. “The majority of the timber has been cut at these locations over the past nine months.” Anyone with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees