A man with a felony warrant was arrested Thursday afternoon by Oregon State Police after he tried to elude a trooper along Interstate 5 and Highway 42 in Douglas County. At approximately 12:30 p.m., a trooper attempted to stop a 1990 Acura Integra for a traffic violation on Interstate 5 near Milepost 118 south of Roseburg. The northbound driver attempted to elude the trooper at speeds of more than 100 mph before taking Exit 119 to Highway 42 and heading west toward Winston, according to OSP Lt. Doug Ladd. The trooper slowed down because of traffic and was about to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees