Raindrops collect on a magnolia tree at Umpqua Community College as student Cindy Kimbrell passes by Thursday. The shape and color of these blooms appear to be Magnolia x soulangeana, also known as the saucer magnolia. According to the Missouri Botanical Garden website, this hybrid is an early bloomer, with flowers emerging before the leaves. A white version of the species, Magnolia grandiflora, is the official state flower of both Mississippi and Louisiana.
- City of Roseburg releases statement welcoming President Obama
- Grass-roots event invites 50,000 to protest President Obama's visit
- Community reacts to President Obama's planned visit
- Officer's use of deadly force justified, says district attorney
- Marine One lands at Eugene Airport in preparation for President Obama's visit