Raindrops collect on a magnolia tree at Umpqua Community College as student Cindy Kimbrell passes by Thursday. The shape and color of these blooms appear to be Magnolia x soulangeana, also known as the saucer magnolia. According to the Missouri Botanical Garden website, this hybrid is an early bloomer, with flowers emerging before the leaves. A white version of the species, Magnolia grandiflora, is the official state flower of both Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Death Notices for November 28, 2015