The Veterans of Foreign Wars Remembrance Wall extended its tribute to former servicemen and women Saturday, but it will be a long time before the monument runs out of room. General contractor David Hu of Roseburg’s David Hu Construction spent nearly four hours that day adding 48 new names to the memorial at Patrick W. Kelley Post 2468 in Roseburg. His efforts brought the total to 144 veterans so honored. The monument uses QR codes to allow visitors to read the history of each name with smartphones. Veterans and/or their survivors are invited to buy plaques for $150 to cover the cost of etching, installation and maintaining a related Web page. Hardship waivers are available for those who can’t afford the fee. Visit vfwremembrancewall.com to purchase or sponsor a plaque. The wall can hold up to 6,000 names, according to Post Commander Mike Eakin.
- Police Log: Honey bees encroach on woman’s property in Sutherlin
- Douglas Education Service District’s Leanne Reynolds a leader in human resources
- Death Notices for December 20, 2014
- Former Roseburg timber baron, billionaire and Yellowstone Club founder Tim Blixseth jailed in Montana
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend