The Veterans of Foreign Wars Remembrance Wall extended its tribute to former servicemen and women Saturday, but it will be a long time before the monument runs out of room. General contractor David Hu of Roseburg’s David Hu Construction spent nearly four hours that day adding 48 new names to the memorial at Patrick W. Kelley Post 2468 in Roseburg. His efforts brought the total to 144 veterans so honored. The monument uses QR codes to allow visitors to read the history of each name with smartphones. Veterans and/or their survivors are invited to buy plaques for $150 to cover the cost of etching, installation and maintaining a related Web page. Hardship waivers are available for those who can’t afford the fee. Visit vfwremembrancewall.com to purchase or sponsor a plaque. The wall can hold up to 6,000 names, according to Post Commander Mike Eakin.
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Death Notices for November 28, 2015