My mom bought me a bottle of dry shampoo a few months ago. She saw it featured on the Today show. I laughed and said, "Why don't you just shower?"
I on the other hand have always known about dry shampoo as a camping necessity, but in the past few months it has morphed into an everyday style staple.
I also received another bottle in my trend-setting Birchbox and figured it was time to try it out.
I've experimented with it in a number of ways and absolutely love it. Hats off to my mom.
Here are some ways to use dry shampoo:
1. Revitalize oily hair: Remember, dry shampoo doesn't clean your hair, but it will extend the life of it as we are told not to wash it everyday. It is a perfect cover up for those greasy roots with just a few sprays.
2. Volume: The dry shampoo is a great partner or substitute for a hair spray and/or volumizer. Personally, it helped my hair look fresh and held my curls far better than hair spray - and like with hair spray, I didn't have curl letdown later.
3. Lightener: For us blondes, dry shampoo is a perfect highlighter to those dark roots.
4. Fly-aways: I used the dry shampoo to help grip my bobby pins, for hold on braids or up-do's and to hold down those fly-away bangs on my 4 year old. For the bobby pins, spray them with the shampoo before placing in your hair.
5. Tame your brows: Spray or sprinkle a dab of dry shampoo onto your finger and smooth down over your eyebrows.
6. Natural beach waves: Spray dry shampoo all over unruly hair and scrunch with your hands for a natural wave or spray your finger with the shampoo, pull out individual strands and twist.
7. Smelly shoes: Especially in the summer when we are rocking those Keds with no socks...dry shampoo can help! Since most shampoos are made with some sort of starch, spray in your oily shoes and leave for a few hours or overnight, or spray in your sandals to avoid sweat-slipping.
8. Keep cool: Whip that sweat and oil away with a few sprays of dry shampoo under the bra, back of thighs and all those other hot areas.
9. Yoga: If you need a grip on your hands for some downward dog, spritz them with dry shampoo.
10. Oil stain: Carpet or clothing oil stain will look much better after a spray of clear dry shampoo. Spray directly on, leave about 30 minutes and then dab or vacuum.