Portland-based band Pink Martini showcased powerful singer Storm Large and the piano wizardry of orchestra founder Thomas Lauderdale Tuesday night at the final Music on the Half Shell concert of the 2014 season in Roseburg’s Stewart Park. Surprise guests were the Von Trapps, four singing great-grandchildren of Austria’s Captain and Maria Von Trapp, famously depicted in the musical “The Sound of Music.” Many spectators at the concert were sitting on blankets soaked by rain earlier in the afternoon but that didn’t dampen their enthusiasm. At the encouragement of Storm Large, a group even formed a conga line for the final song of the encore.
- UCC shooting survivors healing after tragedy
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Marijuana-related cases on the rise in Roseburg schools
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Small Business: Targeting a market key to business planning process