Members of the Roseburg Marching Ensemble are tuning up for a new school year at a marching band camp that continues through Friday at Fremont Middle School in Roseburg. Student leaders and selected members started gathering Aug. 12, with the full complement of instrumentalists arriving a week later to start daily practice. Nearly 140 instrumentalists are in the band’s ranks. In addition to performing at every home football game — the first game is Sept. 5 — the ensemble will hold a free concert at 7 p.m. Sept. 6 at Roseburg’s Finlay Field.
- Police looking for two armed robbers
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- UPDATE: Roseburg hero Alek Skarlatos takes third place on 'Dancing with the Stars' Tuesday on ABC