After spending so much time driving on Interstate 5 in Western Oregon, it’s always nice to rediscover the back roads of the rest of Oregon, both in Douglas County and elsewhere. A trip in late August took me east and elsewhere. After attending a wedding in the orchard country of Yakima, Wash., there was no time line and no destination at day’s end. So it was a good time to slow down and enjoy scenic drives over some rural routes after returning to Oregon. Actually, there’s not much choice but to slow down, considering all the curves in the roads …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees