SUTHERLIN — Police recovered $12,000 worth of construction equipment stolen from a Knife River Materials trailer after a high-speed chase that began when a police officer spotted what appeared to be a suspicious pickup driving near the Sutherlin Industrial Park early Tuesday. Police caught one of the suspects, Justin Scott Fugate, 21, after the Toyota pickup he was driving ran over spike strips and crashed into a field off Highway 138 West. A passenger, Ronald Gene Castleman, 41, ran into the brush but was later apprehended, Sutherlin police said. The chase began at 3 a.m. when Officer Ben Woodward attempted …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees