Roseburg Regional Airport’s newly expanded runway is nearly a mile long and ready for the corporate jets city officials hope it will attract in greater numbers. Stripes being painted on the runway this week are the final step in the $2 million project and were expected to be completed today. “Friday, you probably won’t hear trumpets or see a ribbon cutting, but we’ll have it done,” Airport Director Mike Danielle said. As the runway extension neared completion, a second project to move the taxiway 40 feet farther from the runway received $5.5 million in funding from the Federal Aviation Administration. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees