What a jewel Jeff Ackerman wrote Sunday, Sept. 9. Only a loving, caring parent could have written that story of autism. My partner and I cried tears for the young man who may be sacrificed for some over-the-hill politician. Having been disabled from birth, I understand the slights and stares of the ignorant. In your son Luke’s case I know from experience that he is a genius, and when he gets anything in his sights he goes ahead and becomes an expert on the subject, no matter what the subject is. He is different in the way he interacts with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees