The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday identified a woman found seriously injured three weeks ago on road in Tenmile as Anastacia Kindel, 53, of Roseburg. Detectives are conducting a criminal investigation into how the woman was injured, but have not released any more information. A passing motorist found the woman lying unconscious in the 2500 block of Reston Road at about 2:15 a.m. on Sept. 19. The sheriff’s office has not disclosed the nature of her injuries. Detectives initially asked for the public’s help identifying the woman and later that day reported they had learned her identity, though they …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees