The director of the Downtown Roseburg Association will leave after seven months on the job to resume his golf career. Jeff Bright, 49, said Monday he has accepted the position of head golf professional at the Roseburg County Club and will step down from his current post Dec. 1. The downtown association began advertising for a director this weekend and has already received 10 applicants from around the state. The association’s vice president, Gary Leif, said the group hopes to have a new director in place when Bright leaves. Leif said Bright brought people together to get things done. “He …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees