NeighborWorks Umpqua’s HomeOwnership Center thanks Rick’s Medical Supply and JCPenney for supporting us at the Stand Down at the Roseburg VA. Rick’s Medical Supply donated bandages, wipes and ointments. These were used to make mini-first aid kits. White cotton socks contributed by JCPenney’s were among the most needed items we received. We appreciate the generosity of all the donors who assisted in our efforts to help homeless veterans. Kristin Chiesna Roseburg …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees