CANYONVILLE — Council candidates Marilyn Loomis and Susan Moran-Kaidme are so close they campaigned together and are now separated by one vote in an election that may have to be redone because of a ballot mix-up by the Douglas County Clerk’s Office. Loomis, 61, leads her friend 289 votes to 288 votes for the third and final spot up for grabs on the Canyonville City Council. The two are well behind Frank Braudt and Judy Coleman in a five-way field. The top three vote-getters will be seated. Moran-Kaidme, 69 and Loomis often traveled together during the campaign. Loomis has a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees