The Roseburg School District closed Fir Grove Elementary School at noon Thursday after about half the students and staff became ill. The school will remain closed until Tuesday while workers sterilize the building. The school, like all Roseburg public schools, was scheduled to be closed Monday anyway to observe Veterans Day. Superintendent Larry Parsons said the sickness doesn’t appear to be related to food served in the cafeteria. The school has about 300 students in kindergarten through fifth grade. “We think it might have been some sort of virus,” he said. “The first thing you look at is there a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees