Douglas County prosecutors seeking a life sentence for child killer Dustin Michael Wallace presented emotional testimony today from relatives of the victim. Audience members sniffled and wiped eyes as family members remembered 5-year-old Sahara Grace Dwight, who Wallace raped and murdered July 9, 2010, in Roseburg. The girl’s father, Tyler Dwight, spoke directly to Wallace. “I felt I was cheated out of so many things. So many things from my baby girl, Dustin,” Dwight said. Wallace, 18, sat at the defendant’s table, looking down and wiping his eyes. Wallace was found guilty by Douglas County Circuit Judge Randy Garrison in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees