A Sutherlin man crashed his car into the center barrier on Interstate 5 near Winston and was arrested late Wednesday night on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, Oregon State Police said this morning. Josh Jake Madrid, 23, was driving a 1996 Jeep when he swerved and collided with the barrier while traveling southbound at about 11:25 p.m. near Milepost 119. OSP and the Douglas County Sheriff’s office responded to the crash and said the driver was visibly intoxicated. Madrid was taken into custody and booked into the Douglas County Jail. Madrid was charged with a DUII, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees