Doesn’t get the double standard I guess I just don’t get it (and there are those who would say that is true). When federal candidates put forward by the Republican party win, we are told their victory is evidence of the electorate’s desire for lower taxes, smaller government and generally a return to the days of the 1950s, or even the 1920s. We are told these Republican leaders have a mandate to stand their ground. When federal candidates put forward by the Democratic party win, we are told their victory is evidence of the electorate’s desire for compromise, Democratic leaders …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees