Chandler Haskett caught a game-winning two-point conversion pass from Hayden Lent in the second overtime to give the Roseburg football team a 39-38 upset win over Gresham Friday night in the first round of the Class 6A playoffs in Gresham. The Indians (6-5) advance to a second-round game against Southwest Conference champion Sheldon (10-0), which rolled to a 42-6 victory over David Douglas in the first round. For a game story and statistics, see Sunday’s print edition of The News-Review. In other playoff games Friday involving Douglas County teams: Class 4A First Round Cascade 40, Douglas 21 Class 3A First …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees