“I think standardized tests try to represent an average of what students should be learning. However, I have found in general, that the basics such as math, grammar and reading are on the simple side and may be a grade or two behind what I have learned in school. I believe that science and history cannot be fairly tested across the board in a standardized form as there are so many different subjects within those categories. I was tested on American history last year when I had studied ancient history all year! I also think standardized tests limit what teachers …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees