Naval Sea Cadet James Slone was eager to participate in the Douglas County Veterans Day Parade. “I get to help honor and support veterans that have fallen and who are now in the military,” he said. “It was important to me because when I get older I want to go into the Marine Corps.” James, 13, of Yoncalla and other members of the Roseburg-based division of Naval Sea Cadets were among 107 entries in the parade Monday. Despite overcast skies and occasional light drizzle, a large crowd lined Southeast Jackson and Main streets in downtown Roseburg to watch. Spectators and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees