The Umpqua National Forest is selling Christmas tree permits at offices in Roseburg, Glide, Tiller, Toketee and Cottage Grove and at various Douglas County businesses. The permits cost $5 per tree, with a limit of five trees per family. They can be purchased at Umpqua National Forest offices from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday until Dec. 24. The North Umpqua Ranger District office will be open on weekends from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 24-25 and Dec. 1-2. Permits can also be bought at Tiller Market, Strong’s Market in Days Creek, Canyon Market in Canyonville, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees