From the Oregonian Since the end of the 2012 legislative session, Gov. John Kitzhaber has done a commendable job of identifying the issues most important to Oregon and using his bully pulpit to advocate for change. The latest example came Saturday, when Kitzhaber used a speech at the annual meeting of the Oregon School Boards Association to preach the need for reforming the Oregon Public Employee Retirement System. “If we do nothing, the cost to the state, per student, will increase over $1,000 in this” two-year budget cycle, Kitzhaber said. As reported by the Oregonian’s Mike Rogoway and Ted Sickinger, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees