CORVALLIS — While they’re still underdogs, the Oregon State Beavers certainly have more reasons to be hopeful this season heading into Saturday’s Civil War against rival Oregon. The surprising No. 16 Beavers are not only buoyed by their own dramatic turnaround but also by the vulnerabilities No. 5 Oregon showed in last weekend’s loss to Stanford. Oregon State has already defied the odds by improving to 8-2 overall after going just 3-9 last season. After two years without a bowl game, the Beavers were bowl eligible early after a 6-0 start, their best since the 1907 season. They’ve also overcome …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees