If you have been gardening for a few years and are now thinking about growing tree fruit, let me introduce you to a few basic concepts and skills. First you will want to select the right tree to fit your yard. Then you will need to train your trees during the first few years into the proper form for easy care. As your tree matures, you will want to prune it properly each year to thin out excess branching, to open the tree for good light, and reduce the crop load to prevent over-bearing one year and no crop the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees