RICE HILL — Kelly Hudgins likes breakfast foods, so it was no surprise that she used a fried egg and ham in a hamburger-making contest. Hudgins was surprised, however, when the breakfast hamburger she designed won the Denny’s Restaurant Build Your Own Burger contest earlier this year. Her burger was one of three selected from the 159 entries were turned in by employees from Denny’s 1,680 restaurants worldwide. Hudgins’ creation consisted of a hamburger beef patty, thinly sliced ham, a fried egg and cheese on grilled potato bread. She dubbed it the Moons Over My Hammyburger; it’s served with french …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees