Umpqua Community College will lose its longtime theater director when Dean Remick retires at the end of the month. Remick, 59, will step down Jan. 1 after more than 27 years as theater director and an associate professor at UCC. He has overseen approximately five plays and a musical every year since he started. “It’s been a really great climate for the arts during that time,” he said. Remick said his position has allowed him to make creative choices to present high-quality productions. He also said he has enjoyed working with a wide array of people. “It’s a positive, healthy …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees