OAKLAND — Austin Collins has played a key role in the most successful three-year stretch of Oakland High School football, and hopes to conclude his prep career with a state championship. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound senior lineman is a two-way starter for the (Oakers (10-2), who face Portland Christian (12-1) at 4:15 p.m. Saturday at Hillsboro Stadium in the Class 2A title game. Collins is one of 12 Oakland seniors playing in their final contest. The Oakers, two-time Mountain View Conference champions, have won 29 of 35 games since Collins transferred to Oakland from Yoncalla after his freshman year. Oakland advanced …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees