EUGENE — Oregon is taking a break this week while the team awaits formal word on where it will be headed this postseason. There is a general consensus that the No. 6 Ducks are headed as an at-large bid to the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 3 in Arizona, but it won’t be cemented until Sunday when the bowl bids are announced. The bigger mystery surrounds who Oregon will face in the game. Many were pining for a matchup with No. 7 Kansas State, to spotlight Oregon freshman quarterback Marcus Mariota and Wildcats senior QB Collin Klein. Kansas State hosts No. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees