Holiday smells wafted through the Douglas County Fairgrounds this weekend at the annual Christmas Craft Fair. Wreaths and fudge were among the seasonal goods for sale. Jewelry, shawls and other items decorated the temporary market stalls that filled four buildings at the fairgrounds. In her quiet corner booth Saturday afternoon, Joyanna Ellis-Bezdek pecked at an oval swatch with a felting needle. “It’s kind of a wicked-looking tool,” she said as she demonstrated how the barbed, three-needled gizmo formed raw wool into a beak on an owl ornament. The Roseburg woman shared the booth with her sister, Melinda Clute, and friend …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees