In 2011 Congress passed what was called the Budget Control Act of 2011. If you will remember, this legislation was passed after Congress found it could make no headway on the debt problem with an election looming. Well, the election is over, and now Congress is trying to find a solution to the problem of the U.S. government’s deficit spending. And although the Budget Control Act of 2011, if passed into law on Jan. 1, makes no changes to Social Security or Medicare, those programs have been dragged into the ongoing debate over the “fiscal cliff” that some fear will …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees