Alli Spooner observes the dramatic impact deep stretches, conscious breathing and meditation have on her students each time she teaches yoga. “One of the most amazing things I see as an instructor is the transformation in people,” she said. “They leave energized, but relaxed.” Realizing how much yoga benefited her own well-being is part of why Spooner, 48, of Glide became passionate about the practice. Six years ago, she gave up working in the corporate business world to start Body Balance Yoga Center on Southeast Jackson Street in downtown Roseburg. “I’m a reformed type A personality because of yoga. We …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees