MILWAUKIE — The Roseburg girls basketball team didn’t hit the 70-point barrier in a game last season, but this year it has already done it twice. Junior Pele Gianotti led five Indians in double figures with 14 points in a 70-37 nonleague thumping of Putnam Tuesday night. Junior guard Fiona Johnson had a solid performance with 12 points and nine assists for Roseburg (2-0), which led 36-18 at halftime. Seniors Shelby Snook and Jaclyn Humphry each scored 12 points, and sophomore Ashley Backen chipped in 10. Gianotti also grabbed seven rebounds. Kelsea Baton and Ali Schooley each scored 12 points …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees