Founded in 1964 by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Service Corps of Retired Executives is an independent nonprofit organization sponsored by SBA and several companies. SCORE provides free and confidential advice to small businesses and entrepreneurs with more than 364 chapters and more than 13,000 volunteer members. SCORE volunteers are dedicated to sharing their expertise and successes with small businesses in their communities. More than 8.5 million small businesses have been assisted since the organization was founded. Many small businesses fail due to undercapitalization from day one. Are you financed well enough to withstand an unexpected glitch or downturn …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees