Oakland High School student Nikolas Tripp has been named a commended student in the 2013 National Merit Scholarship program. Tripp is among the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2013 National Merit Scholarship competition by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. About 34,000 students throughout the U.S. are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise for doing well on the test. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees