Three Douglas County legislators said today they would like to see the same deal that Gov. John Kitzhaber wants to give Nike extended to smaller businesses that expand. “If it’s good for Nike, it should be good for everybody,” said Sen. Jeff Kruse, R-Roseburg. Lawmakers from both parties were receptive to Kitzhaber’s call Monday for a one-day special session Friday to pass legislation giving Nike assurance a key tax law won’t change. The law, in place since 2006, taxes companies on Oregon sales, but doesn’t levy state taxes on sales elsewhere. The governor is asking lawmakers to grant him the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees