A Roseburg man was arrested Monday after officers stopped him while he was driving a stolen car, police said. Robert James Webb, 51, was driving a red and white 1982 Ford pickup on Newton Creek Road near Northeast Stephens Street when he was spotted by Roseburg police around 1 p.m. Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said police received a tip that a stolen vehicle had been seen in the area and sent a detective to investigate. The detective saw the car and called patrol units, he said. “They knew it was a stolen vehicle, so there was more risk involved because traditionally …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees