Douglas County is renowned for its natural beauty. One of the best ways to enjoy the county’s scenic rivers, waterfalls, lakes and mountains is to go for a hike. The county is home to the 79-mile North Umpqua Trail and other treks in the Umpqua National Forest and the Bureau of Land Management’s Roseburg District. Waterfalls are the most common highlight of many county trails, but hikers can also expect to encounter vistas of snowy peaks, hot springs and picturesque mountain lakes. Below is a list of 10 Douglas County hikes that highlight the region’s diverse scenery and includes recommendations …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees