Cheryl Northam, who has served as the Roseburg School District’s interim chief operations officer since Lance Colley’s departure last month to become Roseburg city manager, was hired Wednesday as his permanent replacement. The Roseburg School Board voted 6-1 to promote Northam from district budget and accounting manager to chief operations officer. Northam, 45, has worked for the district for the past 4 1/2 years and said she was pleased to take on the new job. “I love the Roseburg School District,” she said. “I’m very happy to continue to serve the school district in this capacity.” Northam was one of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees