Roseburg police used a Taser on Wednesday to stun a man who was resisting being taken into custody for a probation violation, police said. Officers went to the Douglas Inn, 511 S.E. Stephens St., at approximately 2:45 p.m. to arrest Alexander James Kurovsky at the request of his probation officer. Police said officers contacted Kurovsky in his room, but refused to cooperate, police said. He was being held today in the Douglas County Jail and was not eligible for bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees