Council was justified The editorial regarding the planning commission in the Sunday, Dec. 16, paper was unprofessional and out of line. Interviews for the planning commission are just like job interviews, except you don’t get paid. I served on the commission for 14 years. I was interviewed and sat in on numerous other interviews. The only people I remember not being selected were those folks who had no idea what they were volunteering for. Prior to being interviewed, I read up on what they did and attended a few meetings. If most folks did that they wouldn’t apply. I know …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees