MYRTLE CREEK — “I feel like I was born with rubber in my veins.” Brothers Merle and Lonnie Schuyler are in agreement on that fact, and they’ve been in sync on many other details over the past 42 years as partners in Valley Tire Center-Tire Factory. Darrin Schuyler, Merle’s son, is the third member of the Myrtle Creek company’s ownership group, having become a partner six years ago after working at the business for 25 years. “It’s in your blood,” Lonnie Schuyler said. “Dad was in it, and it just kind of flowed right into us. It’s what we love …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees