Another year is fading into the distance and a new one approaches. 2012 seemed to get mixed reviews from many Douglas County businessmen and women. There was a general consensus that the Douglas County economy showed signs of improvement. Now there’s hope that 2013 will continue that trend. To review 2012 and to look ahead to 2013, six county residents representing different business sectors submitted these thoughts. Greg Henderson business development, city of Sutherlin Leadership changes in several Douglas County communities are creating optimism for our economies. Roseburg, Sutherlin and Myrtle Creek all have new city managers working together with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees