WINCHESTER — An 83-year-old Roseburg man was rescued by bystanders Saturday from a house fire that started when he dropped a lit match, according to Douglas County Fire District No. 2. The fire destroyed the house at 1638 Del Rio Road. Owner Leonard Case was in good condition at Mercy Medical Center this morning, a hospital spokeswoman said. Fire Marshal Josep Pedrola said firefighters responded at 4:45 p.m. When they arrived, flames were blowing out windows on the back side of the single-story home, and two bystanders were assisting Case out the front door through thick, black smoke. The identities …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees