I am a psychiatrist. I came to Roseburg in 2000 to work at Mercy Medical Center and in 2008, when the behavioral health unit was closed, I moved over to the VA Roseburg Healthcare System, where I now work. I was asked to write a monthly column on psychiatry and mental health for The News-Review. I thought it would be an interesting and rewarding thing to do, so I agreed. I have come to realize that there are no simple definitions of either mental health or mental illness. As a psychiatrist, I am probably not supposed to say that. After …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees