You might think it’s early to be discussing fire protection, but fire risk management should be a year-round effort. That’s particularly true if you live in a high-risk area such as wildland/urban interface. Even if your home isn’t located in such an area, you can still be at risk. A fire at your neighbor’s house or one that starts along an adjoining roadway can quickly spread onto your property. Though winter is officially here, spring will be close behind. And springtime is always the best time to initially establish defensible space around your home. Check to see whether you have …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees