“I was born on Jan. 1, 1997, so New Year’s is a special holiday for me. Not only is it easy to know how old I was on any given date, but having the same birthday as the calendar gives me a certain connection to every year. I was 1 year old ’98, 15 in 2012, and so on. Now, I’ll be entering the 17th year of my life, which I’ll admit is a scary thing. I guess my New Year’s resolution is to become an older, more experienced version of myself. If that sounds like cheating, it is; I’ll …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees