ROSEBURG Man suspected of taking handgun A Roseburg man accused of trying to leave a gun store with a handgun was arrested Monday on suspicion of first-degree theft. Zed Edison, 71, was in custody today in the Douglas County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail. According to Roseburg police, Edison had traded in a .44 Magnum revolver to the Roseburg Gun Shop on Diamond Lake Boulevard five days earlier. He returned to the store before a background check for his new weapon was completed and took back his old sidearm, Sgt. Aaron Dunbar said. After store staff reported that a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees