Californians begin the New Year facing another 900 “dos and don’ts,” thanks to a Legislature that believes it can actually legislate every waking moment of a human being’s life. The governor they once called “Moonbeam” actually signed 873 new bills for 2013 and beyond, a feat that will likely lead to a carpel tunnel claim in the near future because I’m quite certain it is illegal to force anyone to sign his name that many times without a smoke break — in a designated smoking area — with a gas mask — not within 200 feet of a zoo or …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees